Baahubali The Beginning Review
- A Tremendous Beginning for Indian Cinema
By now, everyone knows that Baahubali is an extravagant war movie for the first time in India and director SS Rajamouli has hit the right spots, paving way for more such grand movies in the country.
|Release date: 10 July 2015||Genre: Action, Adventure, History|
|Cast: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Tamannaah, Anushka Shetty, Ramya Krishnan, Sathyaraj, Sudeep, Adivi Sesh, Nassar, Prabhakar and many others||Director: S.S.Rajamouli|
|Screenplay: S. S. Rajamouli, Rahul Koda, Madhan Karky, Vijayendra Prasad||Story: V. Vijayendra Prasad|
|Music: M. M. Keeravani||Cinematography: K. K. Senthil Kumar|
|Editer: Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao||Production company: Arka Media Works|
|Distributed by:Arka Media Works (Telugu), Studio Green, UV Creations (Tamil), Dharma Productions (Hindi), Global United Media (Malayalam)||Language: Telugu, Tamil|
|Budget: 2.5 billion (US$40 million)||CBFC Rating: U|
Even when Bollywood is yet to make something like this, it is a pleasure to see the impossible feat achieved in the smaller, southern film industry and the movie is perfect in every way possible.
- Prabhas and Rana in the lead cast are excessively hunky to suit the role
- Splendid supporting cast including Ramyakrishnan, Sathyaraj, Nasser among others
- Tammanah and Anushka are not glamor dolls but play strong roles
- Director Rajamouli's grand visualization combined with best VFX done in Indian movies
- Background score and engrossing camera angles
- It's unfair to find fault in such a great movie but we could say that the first half is bit slow and people not used to parts in Indian movies find it ending with a cliffhanger, incomplete storyline
The story is as old as the hills about two brothers fighting over a kingdom. One is betrayed to death and his son grows up without any knowledge of his father but when he realizes it, he goes to avenge the killer which is actually for the second part.The Cast
Prabhas has invested so much time and energy to perfect his role. Equally good is the tall and hunky Rana who is an equivalent villain. Even for a short time, Anushka impresses while Tammanah gets to act. Ramya Krishnan and Sathyaraj's performance needs special mention as they help carry the story in important scenes.The Team
While all credits go to director SS Rajamouli, it is a team work and with international people in, the graphics for the first time looks credible. Seeing a movie which is almost on par with Lord of the Rings and Troy in an Indian language with such constrained budget is something everyone should appreciate.
Good news is, one doesn't have to compromise and say Baahubali is good but it is indeed a near perfect movie with familiar plot but unfamiliarly grand war sequences that will justify the ticket price you paid.
Bottom line - Haven't you booked your tickets yet? Do it right now as it's worth every penny!
Certified Fresh – Yes!
Stars – 4.25/5