Diya : This horror revenge thriller is a let down
Diya marks the Kollywood debut of Sai Pallavi and Naga Shaurya and also stars baby Veronica in pivotal roles. There is a message that the film tried to deliver, to know more about this flick, read our review below:
|Release date: 26 Apr 2018||Genre: Horror, Romance, Thriller|
|Cast: Naga Shourya, Sai Pallavi, RJ Balaji, Nizhalgal Ravi and many others||Written & Director by AL Vijay|
|Music by Sam CS||Cinematography Nirav Shah|
|Edited by Llewellyn Anthony Gonsalves||Production company Lyca Productions|
|Distributed by Ayngaran International||Runtime: 100 Minutes|
|Language Tamil||CBFC Rating 'U/A'|
- Sai Pallavi's expression and performance are good.
- Sam CS's background score works out really well and is the film's biggest strength.
- Nirav Shah's cinematography needs an applause.
- The mother - child sentiment works out really well.
- Chemistry dint work well with Sai Pallavi and Naga Shaurya.
- RJ Balaji's commedy dint work out well, it was annoying at times.
- The message is not conveyed well.
- Looks templated.
- Climax could have been better.
The entire cast of this film has done a good job. Sai Pallavi marks a good debut in Kollywood. Her expressions are good and deserves an applause in couple of scenes.
Naga Shaurya gives a subtle performance but his character could have been given even more detailing.
RJ Balaji's comedies dint work well and it looks annoying at places.
Baby Veronica is impressive and looks cute.The Team
This film is technically good. Sam.C.S' background music needs a special mention as it worked out really well and went in par with the film.
Screenplay needed little more work and Anthony's edit kept the movie in the right pace.
Visuls are good and thanks to Nirav Shah for giving it a pleasant feel.
Bottom line - Go for it with your family.
Certified Fresh - YES!
Stars - 3/5