Kaala - With no much hype given, this movie would surprise the audience
Finally the much awaited Superstar starrer Kaala is out in theatres near you. Directed by Pa Ranjith, this movie would be a wonderful surprise for all the audience who go in without any expectation. To know more about this flick, read our review below to know in detail about the film.
|Release date: 07 Jun 2018||Genre: Crime, Drama|
|Cast: Super Star Rajinikanth, Nana Patekar, Eswari Rao, Huma Qureshi, Samuthirakani, Sampath Raj, Sayaji Shinde, Anjali Patil, Manikandan, Dileepan, Pankaj Tripathi, Ravi Kale, Ramesh Thilak, Arul Doss, Aravind Akash, Sakshi Agarwal, Arundhati, Suganya, Nithish and many others||Director by Pa Ranjith|
|Music by Santhosh Narayanan||Cinematography G Murali|
|Edited by Sreekar Prasad||Production company Wunderbar Films|
|Distributed by Lyca Productions||Runtime: 2 hrs 46 mins|
|Language Tamil||CBFC Rating 'U/A'|
- Rajinikanth as usual steals the show with his performance.
- Romance between Rajinikanth and Eswari is refreshing.
- Nana Patekar's performance as a villain is worth mentioning as he would remain in the best list of powerful villains of all the time.
- There are many mass moments and it definitely gets applause and whistles from the audience
- Action sequences are well choreographed and it is definitely not going to disappoint you.
- Background score by Santhosh Narayanan has worked out really well.
- Second half would be less engaging as it deals with lots of dialogues.
- Love track of Huma Qureshi could have been snipped a little.
- Music could have better but when you listen to it with the visuals you might feel it better.
The entire cast of this film has done a brilliant job. Superstar Rajinikanth as usual has given a splendid performance. He is back with full energy, his screen presence is unmatchable and the mass elements in this movie is just enough to take this movie to the next level. The action sequence that involves Rajinikanth gives goosebumps and it's definitely a treat for fans.
The romance between Rajinikanth and Eswari is refreshing and it doesn't look odd for his age. While Huma Qureshi love portion looked over stretched but it definitely establishes its purpose.
Nana Patekar's performance is top notch, he fits in the bill as the dreadful Villain. His character is well etched and he delivers it in the best way.
Samuthirakani has done another memorable role while Dileepan and Manikandan among others have played their part well and these characters would remain in our mind even after coming out of the screensThe Team
Technically this film is good. Looks like Pa Ranjith took all the criticism he received in Kabali positively and ensure that he keeps no stone unturned in this flick. He has ensured that all the aspects that people excepts in a Rajinikanth film are addressed carefully without making it look artificial. There are quite a few emotional sequences that would definitely make us shed some tears and the scenes are equally balanced. The dialogues are well written and it gets the applause here and there. Santhosh Narayanan's BGM tops the list as it shoots up the scenes but songs could have been better. Ramalingam who recreated the slumps of Dharavi needs a special mention as he has done a tremendous job. Cinematography by Murali is another highlight in this film as it sets the tone right and editor Sreekar Prasad ensured that the content reached the people right in the given time phrase without any unwanted scenes.
Bottom line - The best from Pa Ranjith and Rajinithkanth combo. Go for it 👍
Certified Fresh - YES!
Stars - 3/5
- Kaala Official Merchandise : Shop for Kaala Phone Cases, Kaala Tee Shirts, Kaala Mugs and lots more
- Twitter launches emoji for Kaala
- Kaala Trailer
- Kaala Songs Review
- Kaala Songs
- Kaala Movie Stills
- Kaala Movie Posters
- Kaala Movie Teaser