Maayavan - A Solid sci-fi crime thriller
CV Kumar makes his debut as a director and one could say that this is a fantastic start for the producer as he has left no stones unturned. Be it the way the script was handled, the performance of the lead actor or the production value, everything needs a special mention. To know more about this flick, read our review below:
|Release date: 14 Dec 2017||Genre: Crime, Sci-Fi, Thriller|
|Cast: Sundeep Kishan, Lavanya Tripathi, Daniel Balaji, Jackie Shroff, KS Ravikumar, Mime Gopi, Jayaprakash, Bagavathi Perumal and many others||Written & Director by CV Kumar|
|Music by Ghibran||Cinematography Gopi Amarnath|
|Edited by Leo John Paul||Production company Studio Green, Thirukumaran Entertainment|
|Distributed by Abi & Abi Pictures, Studio Green||Runtime: 128 Minutes|
|Language Tamil||CBFC Rating 'U/A'|
- Sundeep Kishan is brilliant as Crime Inspector Kumaran.
- Danial Balaji gets to play a stylish role and he performs well.
- Ghibran's music works out well.
- The twist in the climax is intriguing.
- Jackie Shroff plays it well and his introductory scenes create excitement.
- Art director Gopi Anand requires a special mention as it enhances the films beauty.
- Screenplay could have been better, looks flat.
- Could have been executed well.
- Dialogues could have been better.
The entire cast of this film has given their best. Sundeep Kishan as Crime Inspector has played it well. Lavanya Tripathi plays her role well as a psychiatrist. Daniel Balaji gets a stylish role to play and he does it the best way. Jackie Shroff's performance is terrific. Bhagavathi Perumal as Sudeep's assistant gives a neat performance.The Team
This film is technically good. Cinematography by Gopi Amarnath is simple and neat. Songs by Ghibran's needs a special mention, it is good and goes in par with the movie. Editing is neat and crisp. Screenplay could have been better as it looks flat. Also, the dialogues could have been written well.
Bottom line - Good debut by CV Kumar. Go for it.
Certified Fresh - YES!
Stars - 3/5