Petta: The stylish Samrat is back!
Petta is one of the most anticipated movies of this year. Starring Superstar Rajinikanth, this flick is directed by Karthik Subbaraj and the trailer has already created the much-required hype among the audience. With all that said, the film has finally hit the screens today and the FDFS show is over and now its time to see if the film stood up to the expectation level of the audience or not. To know it, take a look at our review below:
|Release date: 10 Jan 2019||Genre: Action, Drama, Romance|
|Cast: Rajinikanth, Vijay Sethupathi, Simran, Trisha, Sasikumar, Bobby Simha, Megha Akash, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and many others||Director by Karthik Subbaraj|
|Music by Anirudh Ravichander||Cinematography Tirru|
|Edited by Shangeeth Sathyanathan, Vivek Harshan||Production company Mammoth Films, Sun Pictures|
|Distributed by Magic Frames, Prithviraj Productions, Sun Pictures||Runtime: 2 hrs 52 mins|
|Language Tamil||CBFC Rating ‘U/A’|
- Terrific Title card sequence.
- The stylish Samrat is back. It’s delightful to see Vintage Rajinikanth on-screen.
- Rajini is playful and is a pleasure to watch his chirpier side.
- The film takes time to Kick-start but the story treatment is a plus – On Point.
- The action sequence is well captured. Verithanam is overloaded.
- Each and every frame has been beautifully captured. It’s a full-on Rajini show.
- If you are Rajinified then the man behind this is indeed Anirudh. Brilliant music that gives goosebumps at places.
- The interval block is fabulous.
- Turns out to a gangster film. Contrast to the entertaining first half.
- The trademark Karthik Subbaraj movie.
- Class dialogues that would bring the floor down.
- The second half looks a little long and tests your patience.
- The climax could have been better.
Bottom line – A complete Rajinism guaranteed. Another Superhit on the cards!
Certified Fresh – YES!