Tamizh Padam 2 – A full fledged laugh riot
After a eight year long wait the next instalment of the highly celebrated spoof movie is out in theatres now. To know more about this flick and to know if the film stood up to the expectations of the audience, read our review below.
|Release date: 12 Jul 2018||Genre: Comedy, Drama|
|Cast: Shiva, Disha Pandey, Iswarya Menon, Sathish and many others||Written & Director by C. S. Amudhan|
|Music by N.Kannan||Cinematography Gopi Amarnath|
|Edited by T. S. Suresh||Production company Y NOT Studios|
|Distributed by Trident Arts||Runtime: 145 minutes|
|Language Tamil||CBFC Rating ‘U’|
- Shiva is the pillar of the movie and carries the whole movie on his shoulder. He is funny and makes us bring the roof down.
- Sathish does an excellent job and his portions with Shiva definitely deserves an applause.
- C.S. Amudhan excelled in recreating important events that happened in the recent times.
- Dialogues by K.Chandru deserves special appreciation.
- Spoofs of notable films well recreated.
- Credits to be given for the excellent background score.
- First half starts slow and gains momentum in the mid.
- The historic portion in the second half looks dragging.
- Songs could have been better.
The entire cast of this film has done a good job. Special credits goes to Shiva as he is the pillar of the movie and carries the whole film on his shoulder. He is funny and his dialogues tickles our funny bones and brings the roof down. His energy is outstanding and he serves the whole film at the best to the film lovers. Sathish on the other hand does an outstanding performance. He appears in different getups and his portions with Shiva does wonders on screen. There are many references that has been taken to spoof it up and it’s not just the movies but also the recent events that happened in tv shows, politics. Ishwarya Menon does a neat job and her spoof on the movies are wonderful.
Technically this film is good. The dialogues have been well written. Cinematography by Gopi Amarnath deserves an appreciation. Kannan’s background score does wonders but one would have felt that the songs could have been better especially the item number looked included forcibly. TS Suresh’s editing deserves special compliment as it takes the movie smoothly and doesn’t allow it to change the path.
Bottom line – Take your gang along to get a fresh experience this season
Certified Fresh – YES!
Stars – [rating=3]