Now almost half of 2021 has come to a close, leading global online film database IMDb has now released data on the most popular Indian Films and web series of the year so far. As per the latest data, Vijay’s Mater has occupied its first place in the list. Thalapthy Vijay’s Mater movie which was released as a Pongal treat in January was a monstrous hit movie in the Cinema industry. Later the movie was released on Amazon Prime and also witnessed a staggering viewership. The movie was helmed under the directorial debut of Lokesh Kanagaraj and it features Vijay, Vijay Sethupathi, Malavika Mohanan, Arjun Das, Gowri Kisan, and Shanthanu.
Bankrolled y Xavier Britto’s XB Films and in association with Lalit Kumar’s 7 Screen Studios. Some of the other notable Indian movies are Drishyam 2 in Malayalam directed by Jeethu Joseph which starred Mohanlal, Meena, Ansiba Hassan, and Ester Anil. Next is Dhanush’s Karnan in Tamil which was helmed by Vetri Maaran and Pawn Kalyan’s Vakeel Saab directed by Venu Sriram in Telugu.
The list is ascertained on IMDbPro data on the page views of IMDb users. According to the latest reports, the list of the Indian Films and Shows of 2021 are as follows,
- Master (streaming on Prime Video)
- Aspirants (Streaming on TVF)
- The White Tiger (streaming on Netflix)
- Drishyam 2 (Streaming on Prime Video)
- November Story (Streaming on Disney Plus Hotstar)
- Karnan (Streaming on Prime Video)
- Vakeel Saab (Streaming on Prime Video)
- Maharani (Streaming on Sony Liv)
- Krack (Streaming on Aha)
- The Great Indian Kitchen (Streaming on Prime Video)
Stay tuned for more interesting updates.